If you are interested in a new driveway and thinking of using gravel as the choice for you, here at Buildadrive.com we take a look at what to consider and the pros and cons of what to look out for.
- Gravel driveways are a quick way of installing a new driveway in comparison to some other popular driveway surfaces.
- They are of course one of the cheapest driveway surfaces to select from so will fit inside most budget requirements.
- You will find that gravel driveways are extremely long lasting if you keep up to them, they will need regular maintenance in comparison to other types of surface such as pattern imprinted concrete and resin, this will include de-weeding and the removal of other unwanted growth such as moss and lichen.
- Gravel is great for drainage, most rain water won’t get trapped and flow through to ground or just evaporate into the environment.
- The range of colours, shapes, sizes and textures gravel comes in means that you will always find what you are looking for and will suit all property types and brickworks.
- Every surface will have a drawback of some kind, gravel is the same.
- The upkeep and maintenance is more than other surfaces, they can gain growth from weeds if not regular kept to.
- You will find that you start to lose some of the gravel over time as it collects in car tyres and so forth, so this may result in time for some gravel to be replaced.
- In cold weather when it snows it can be hard to remove some snow and ice from the surface.
Overall – Gravel Driveways
You will find that gravel has more advantages than not, but they are not for everyone’s requirements, they should be reserved for those people that have time and energy to maintain the driveway. If you don’t have the time or energy then a different driveway surface maybe best for you.
Free Online Estimate
If you know your dimensions you can find out how much a new gravel driveway would cost you by using our free online instant calculator, found here.
Then if you are happy with the estimate leave your details and we will be more than happy to arrange a free site survey with you.